VAT and Payroll

VAT Registration and Returns

Roger C Bloomer Chartered Accountants are able to help you by advising on whether you need to be registered for VAT and help with the preparation and submission of your VAT returns.

We are also able to advise on more complex VAT areas should the need arise.

Payroll and End of Year PAYE Returns

If your business employs staff, including limited company directors, you will need to set up a payroll scheme with HM Revenue & Customs.

Roger C Bloomer Chartered Accountants will help with this and can also process the payroll information for you.

Employers must submit returns to HM Revenue & Customs and again Roger C Bloomer Chartered Accountants will deal with these matters on your behalf using the electronic filing system required by HM Revenue & Customs.

VAT Planning and Disputes

Although generally speaking VAT is quite a simple tax, there are a small number of areas which are extremely complex, and if not treated correctly these may result in a dispute with HM Revenue & Customs.

We have many years experience in dealing with HM Revenue & Customs disputes and our aim is to ensure that any dispute is settled on a fair basis.

In addition, we offer professional fees cover so that should your business be selected for enquiry, the fees that we incur in defending your VAT position are met by this optional cover. Obviously if clients do not take out this cover then the full cost of dealing with this enquiry would have to be paid, which could run in to thousands of pounds.